Turkish Grammar – How to form sentences in Turkish Language

I have a friend from Germany and he is trying to learn Turkish like you are. And sometimes when he tries to speak He spoke like Tarzan. Why? Because he has no idea about the line of words. So here is how you form sentences in Turkish language.

Subject + Complements+VERB.

Hint : VERB is always at the end.

also there is a relation with the verb and the subject

This order is the most used, and make sense form. Lets see some examples.

Stefan işe gidiyor. //Stefan is going to work

Ben Türkçe öğretiyor+um. // I am teaching Turkish.
Sen Türkçe öğreniyor+sun // You are learning Turkish.
Stefan camı kırdı. //Stefan broke the glass.

Do you see the THE SUBJECT VERB RELATION?

This entry was posted in Turkish Grammar, WordOrder and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Turkish Grammar – How to form sentences in Turkish Language

1. Stefan says:

Thanks for the compliment. Tesekküler icin compliman. Tarzan-like again?

2. admin says:

Yeah it is actually. Thanking is the verb so it must be like

Kompliman için Teşekkürler :))

3. David Dean says:

Kapiyi kilidiniz mi?

Have you locked the door?

Would this be correct if I was saying it to my wfe?

4. admin says:

Kapıyı kitlediniz mi? <— for 2nd person plural

For your girl friend or someone close to you will say.
    Kapıyı kitledin mi? <—- for 2nd person singular

5. Jon says:

Hi,

Nice site. I am at a stage where I have the basics but need to extend my vocabulary. Can you recommend any further learning sites?

Just to bring to your attention:

Here is another video about Turkish Alphabet should be Here is another video about the Turkish Alphabet. (prepositions)
    Under “Catergory Archives” change wovel harmony to vowel harmony 😉

Jon

6. Peter Jonis says:

I would suggest seslisozluk website for word lookups. It helps me to avoid typos.
    Sozluk’s address: http://www.seslisozluk.com

7. fran says:

Ben Türkçe öğreniyorum correct? <----correct!

8. Lilith says:

Bugün kitab okudum. <--- bugün kitap okudum Kitapta güzel hikayeler vardı. Bir ana sayfada mitolojiden türk metin yazdım.(a text about mythology) - Is this correkt? <----Ana sayfadan mitoloji hakkında bir Türkçe metin yazdım ( a wrote a Turkish text about mythology) The usage of the verbs are one of the best i have ever seen in this web site.

9. Mimi says:

can you tell me how can i say happy birthday in turkish

Happy Birthday – Doğum Günün kutlu olsun

As in the song ….

Mutlu Yıllar sana Mutlu Yıllar sana
    Happy Birthday to you…Happy Birthday to you…

Comments are closed.